Bring a valuable combination of expertise and enthusiasm to a company where Software Development is central
247TailorSteel supplies customized laser-cut sheet and tube material using the most advanced laser cutting technology. But although we are industry leaders in this sector we are constantly reaching for ever greater levels of professionalization and innovation. This is your opportunity to help us achieve this via state-of-the-art software that enables us to offer transformative solutions to our customers.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Varsseveld, the Netherlands, 40 hours a week
This position falls within a rapidly growing Software Development function that is central to our company’s success. We operate three development teams responsible for their own projects and you will be deployed according to your experience and expertise. Within this structure you:
- Support and participate in the design, setup and execution of Software Development processes including planning, implementation and execution of sprints, development packages, RFC’s and (R&D) projects;
- Support the management of the Software Development roadmap, prioritizing and managing the demand for Software Development in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Manage Software Development staff and supervise junior Software Development engineers with an emphasis on Agile development within a Continuous Development environment;
- Report on activities regarding status, outlook, and progress.
In order to deliver all this you support the alignment of Software Development initiatives with the defined business and IT strategy, working closely with team members within Software Development, the Lead Software Architect, Product and Project Managers, Customer Technology and users.
Contribute to our forward-thinking spirit
Nothing is set in stone at 247TailorSteel and we never stop looking for ways to improve and further professionalize everything we do. Change is both desirable and inevitable, and you are expected to play your part by adding new ways of thinking and doing within our flexible and proactive environment.
In particular you work to optimize the possibilities of Sophia®, a digital portal that deploys artificial intelligence (AI) to control production and logistics. Based on uploaded customer drawings, Sophia® generates laser-cut metal plates, tubes and bent products almost instantly and without human intervention.
Needless to say, you stay on top of the latest technologies, trends, and industry best practices so that you can act as a subject matter expert within 247TailorSteel on all aspects of Software Development. This will also help you to support and proactively instruct and perform knowledge transfer by providing experience and expertise on Software Development, efficient ways of working and best practices.
Are you the person to help us take the next step?
These are exciting times for our industry and 247TailorSteel as we reap the benefits of automation. We are looking for someone who can further drive that process via an approach that combines far-reaching software innovation with a down-to-earth attitude. In order to apply you must therefore possess the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree plus experience in relevant IT domains;
- A proven ability to implement, execute and manage software development projects, delivering defined results within budget and on time;
- Strong written and spoken English;
- Ideally you already live in the region.
An organization built around its employees
247TailorSteel is a forward-thinking organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. Benefits include:
- Remuneration and employment conditions in accordance with the Metalektro CAO (40 vacation days!);
- An excellent pension plan;
- Wide-ranging opportunities for further development within your profession;
- Flexible working hours.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please contact Ruben Zieverink, HR Business Partner, for more information about this position, phone number +31 315 270 376
. To apply, please follow the application link.
Professional. Qualitative customization. Fast and reliable delivery. These are the core values that the 247TailorSteel team stands for. We are convinced of the power of modern technologies, convenience and simplicity. This, combined with the added value of the ‘internet of things’ and artificial intelligence, enables us to guarantee high-quality products. With tools such as Sophia (our in-house developed software program) customers can order tailor-made metal plates and tubes, as well as pre-existing products, quickly and easily, day and night.