After edge rounding, also referred to as deburring, (sheet) material is free from sharp edges.
247TailorSteel uses premium machines with the latest technologies Different machines are used for specific materials; machines for steel and machines for stainless steel and aluminium.
Why edge rounding of metals?
With edge rounding the sharpness of the edge is reduced. This is important in several branches such as the food and chemical sector. Edge rounding is also important for lacquering and coating of products. And, of course, for the people who work with these products, edge rounding limits the likelihood of cuts.
If you wish to have the edges of your products rounded, you can indicate this when you place your order for laser-cut products. You can place your order online via Sophia®.
Advantages of deburring
- No sharp edges on metal sheets
- Even the smallest burrs and imperfections are rounded
- Safety when processing machined metal products
- Important in the food industry and chemical industry, among others
- Optionally available as post-processing after laser cutting